I believe that God is raising up a new remnant of men and women in the workplace that perform their work with an overriding ministry objective to it. These are men and women who have made spiritual discoveries that resulted in being used by God to impact their world. This is the ultimate fulfillment when a person understands they are actually called to the work they are doing and God uses them to impact their world.
True success is fulfilling the purpose for which God made you. It has little to do with money, prestige or notoriety. God’s measurement of success is very clear – doing the will of God. His greatest commandment is to love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul and mind. From this relationship with God, everything else should flow. We cannot help but impact our culture if we love God and obey Him.
Reason for lack of Impact
- Reason #1: An Unbiblical View of Work and Ministry
- “Sacred and Secular” or “Religion Doesn’t Belong in the Workplace. ”
- “Only missionaries and preachers are in full-time Christian Work ”
- “I’m Called to the Mission Field ”
- “I’m in the Ministry.”
- Reason #2: The Church
- Active versus Cognitive
- Process Focus versus Program Focus
- Obedience as priority versus Information as priority
- Relationships versus Structural/ Controlled Groups
- Transparency, Love versus Service, activity-based (performance)
- Mature Believers/ sons versus Shallow Believers
- This is the first step in all of our journey. We meet Christ personally. Our lives are changed. A new birth has occurred. When Jesus called the disciples, all of them were active in their place of work. Peter was fishing. Matthew was collecting taxes. Luke was a physician. At some point, each of them met and began to follow Jesus. This is the first stage of any walk with God. It is the “introduction” stage to a relationship with Jesus.
- The next stage is the Equipping Stage. This is the time when the believer is discipled and equipped through Bible studies, local church attendance, and personal Bible study. During this stage, the individual grows in understanding of the ways of God and knowledge about God.
- The Empowering Stage is the point of decision for the Christian. It is this stage that I believe is the missing ingredient as to why so many are not living powerful lives that impact the culture where we live.
- In this stage, a person is forced to go outside his own strength and rely on Christ as never before. It is the circumcision of the heart for every person. Many people come into this stage as a result of some personal crisis – a business failure, a marriage crisis, a death of a loved one – any number of events can bring the individual to the “end of self.” That is precisely the point God wants to make with each of his children – there must be an end to self. God wants death to take place in every individual. I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by the faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me (Galatians 2:20)
Engage & Lead
- It is the stage where faith becomes works, those who have successfully gone through the first three stages are motivated to impact their world out of a genuine love of God, not guilt or shame. Their works become an outflow of a life lived in obedience and fellowship with Christ.
- Those that have reached this stage, begin to impact culture, societies, and nations.
Think and Create Legacy has the following marketplace connect sessions that we use to engage business cultures and workplace communities:
- Workplace Connect Groups
- Executives and Managers Forum
- Entrepreneurs and Business Owners Forum
- Round Table and Debating Forums
- Training and Workshops
- Conferences and Summits
- Leadership Coaching and Mentoring
To download our Marketplace Calling Workbook/ Manual follow this link below: